Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 13!

Day 13: Celebrate Someone Special in your Life

Long before the November Project started, the 13th day of November has always been a celebration for me, it's my brother's birthday! Being 1,000 miles from home, I decided to still celebrate one of my favorite people, Matt, by reflecting on him, drinking his favorite beverage: scotch, and eating a cupcake!

Being 12 months & 2 weeks apart, Matt & I were fortunate to grow up pretty close. Don't get me wrong, we definitely argued like brother and sister and still occasionally do. I still get teased for saying during a fight when we were younger - "I wish Mommy & Daddy only had 2 kids" and he quickly replied "Me too, then it would only be me & Pat". Despite the silly fights... we've gone through a ton and he's remained one of the constant, supporting people in my life.

Like the time he drove down to Wingate for my homecoming:
or my Graduation:
or came to visit Memphis (not to mention helped me move in 8 month earlier!):
I consider myself the luckiest girl in the world to call Matt my old brother, and be able to celebrate such a fun, loyal, and funny person today.

November 13, will always be a celebration for me, and as I finish sipping on scotch, (seriously Matt how do you enjoy this stuff?), I wish everyone has someone as special as Matt to celebrate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment