Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 15!

Day 15: Volunteer

Not only is November full of fun calendar days we have composed, but nationally, November has special days marked on it's calendar each year.

Today, two special national days come to mind: November 15 is National Philanthropy Day & November 11 is Veterans day. In the spirit of these special days, I decided to combine the two causes in my volunteering.

Can you imagine being deployed in the military? Leaving your home, family, friends and comfort zone for months to do your job? Sometimes, I feel restless leaving my home for an eight hour workday. So, today, I decided to write a few letters to soldiers through the website: http://www.letterstosoldiers.org/

More than ever, I'm reminded that no matter how bad my day might seem, there are people out there that are fighting much larger battles. Even though I'm not there to fight these battles, it's extraordinary for me to know I can contribute by doing something as small as writing a few letters of thanks.

I hope everyone had a fabulous November 15 and if you volunteered today, comment and share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment