Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 28!

Day 28: Pamper yourself!

I happened too be TOO busy pampering myself yesterday, that I didn't have the opportunity to write! (I also turned the big 2-5 yesterday, so let's use that as an excuse too!)

As I was researching yesterday ways to pamper myself, I came accross this blog of 10 ways to show yourself some love. If you read the 10 ways, you'll likely see some similarities between the November project and the list: forgive, journal, be grateful, and have 'me' time; who knew that we were actually pampering ourselves the entire month?

But, the way I most enjoyed on here was "Use Your own Love Strategy". Have you ever read the 5 languages of love? Hands down, I give love through physical affection (anyone that's ever met me knows I'm a hugger), but I like to receive love through words of praise. So yesterday, this blog suggested to use your own love stratergy for yourself. For me, it suggested:

Words of praise: Pay yourself a compliment. Write yourself a love letter telling yourself what you love about you. Write “You are lovable” on your mirror and read it every morning, out loud, five times.

It's funny thinking about it, I rarely take time to think about what I actually enjoy about myself; I feel like I'm always making goals to improve rather than focus on the good.

So, yesterday, I reminded myself, especially in honor of my birthday, that I've made a difference in other's lives and that I am a good person. No matter how clumsy, unmotivated to stay on a steady workout plan, or bad with cellular devices I am, I genuinely enjoy being me.

What's you're love language? How would you show yourself some love with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment