Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9!

Day 9: Simplify your life.

Simplify my life? My entire life? I don't think the words "simple" and "my life" have ever been in the same sentence. I tend to do things the complicated way, and I barely ever see things as black and white- there's always some gray.

The idea of simplifying my life, today, was a bit overwhelming; instead of simplifying my life, I decided to start small with simplifying my weekend. This weekend, I'm traveling to see two great friends get married! Typically, when I pack for a weekend trip my suitcase usually looks like this. I mean, how I am supposed to predict, today, what I want to wear the entire weekend?

Thanks to the November Project, I decided to keep it simple and only pack the essentials: 1 outfit for each day, 1 pair of shoes to wear all weekend during tourist/playtime, dress/shoes for the wedding, and toiletries. I didn't pack any extra clothing options. Not even an extra pair of shoes to choose from!

My entire life might not be simplified, but I do feel like this weekend is a little more simple! Now, instead of spending time thinking about what I'll wear that day or any material items, I can focus on celebrating a great couple, spending time with good friends, and exploring a new city.

I didn't take the leap of simplifying my life, but my November 9th brought me back to a simple concept- sometimes, it's the small steps that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment