Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 5!

Day 5: The First Saturday in November is National Book Lovers Day!

Back in college Danielle and I enjoyed Coffee shop hopping. We loved escaping the monotony of college life by raiding coffee shops and book stores. It even inspired her previous blog, girls guide to modern life. Check it out:
gglm.tumblr.com! Also, before college, I loved reading, even to the point that I did Reading Olympic until 9th grade! Reading was a lot more fun for me before it was necessary for grades and papers!

That brings us to today, There are a few things you should know about me before this story: I might be the clumsiest person in the world, I despise being by myself (watching a movie, grocery shopping, sitting alone, I hate it), and I love people watching.

So, this morning, when I went to the book store, I figured it would at least, be a good opportunity for people watching. At the bookstore, I realized how much I loved reading a quality novel and visiting bookstores. I mean where else can you plan a vacation, learn how to cook, and catch up on on current events? I quickly purchased "Water for Elephants" thinking I could join the "in" conversations about it. While reading and people watching, I managed to spill an entire cup of coffee on my new book. As a coffee shop employee helped me clean up, I said "too bad it wasn't called 'Coffee for Elephants'" and as he laughed, I quickly realized I had gone from people watching to being the person that everyone else was watching.

My November 5 was about reconnecting with an old hobby and being comfortable with yourself, no matter what the situation.

2 comments:

  1. Starting the Hunger Games so that I can join in on the chatter :). Love the concept of this blog, I will keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! Oh Hollylicious, you are always the person people are watching and, spilled coffee aside, they are always watching for good reasons. :)

    ReplyDelete