Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 16!

Day 16: Plan a Trip.

I love Disney.


No really, I'm confident that this is, in fact, the happiest place on earth.

I went to Disney for the first time in the summer of 2010 on a family vacation, and I fell in love with the lights and the magic. If it weren't for the expensive prices holding me back, I'd probably go every weekend.

On the other hand, Matt suggested to me a few months back that we start a "Vacation Fund." We wouldn't spend any of our change, and instead, would put it right into the vacation fund. I had no idea how big of a difference my change would make, but half a container of Glenfidditch later, filled with quarters, nickels, dimes, and pennies, we have what appears to be almost $150.00 in change:

Our plans are to go to Universal/Disney [select parks, of course finally featuring Harry Potter] for our three year anniversary in July. Three years. I can't believe time has gone by this quickly, but I'm also hoping the next seven months fly by. I'm ready to ride a magic carpet again.

So get a bottle, a container, a whatever-you-have, and refuse to spend your change. Put it directly in your vacation fund, and you'll be shocked at how much you can save towards your dream come true.






No comments:

Post a Comment