Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 26!

Day 26: Do something Seasonal

It's November 26. Thanksgiving has come and gone. Christmas is just under one month away, but it's hard for me to get into the holiday spirit. Maybe it's that the fact it's 70 degrees in Memphis or I haven't purchased any Christmas gifts yet.

So to get in the spirit, I did a few very seasonal things: I decorated my Christmas tree, I drank hot chocolate, listened to the N'SYNC Christmas CD, and finished my seasonal tasks by watching Elf.

Even after all this.... I'm still not in the Holiday Spirit. A big part of thinks this is because, no matter the decorations, music, or Christmas traditions, the season won't feel right until December 21, when I'm back in Pennsylvania.

Today, while I did seasonal things, I remembered what the season is all about- spending time with family & loved ones; it's a season of sharing, caring, and giving. For me, the real "seasonal" things will fall in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment