Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 8!

Day 8: Take Action.

It's ironic that "Take Action" day has been so hard for me to actually sit down and write this blog.

It's about this time that I start getting tired of being told what to do. You know the feeling--starting a new job, a new work out routine, an ambitious household project, a blog about the month of November--they're all exciting at first. You're motivated. You're creative. You'll stop at nothing to do your best.

And then you, well, stop. At nothing.

It's easy to quit when you're half-way. To get lackadaisical about life. To just skip this one work-out. To come back to that project next week. And before you know it, that passion you once felt is now intense frustration for being told what to do all of the time.

That's how I felt when I looked at today's calendar day--"Take Action."
No, Calendar, I don't want to take action. Today, I'm tired of being told what to do.

But I did it anyways. Because the only thing worse than feeling lackadaisical is feeling guilty.

So I finally did those loan repayment forms I've been putting off. I cleaned my room. I finally mailed that letter I wrote for Day 3.

And I don't regret my actions one bit. It turns out that Taking the Action fixed the original resistance to actually taking action. Atleast for today. Now, I feel accomplished, and ready to face the rest of this week head-on with motivation, extra-effort, and creative ideas.

Well...atleast until next Friday when I get tired of being told what to do again. But that's what Day 18's "Get Rid of the Negative" is for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment